The Difference Between Isolation and Auto Transformers
Below are the isolation and auto transformers.
The Isolation Transformer
Copper wires that are coiled around each other are the makeup of the isolation transformer. Isolating circuits from an alternating source is the main function of the transformer. In addition, two circuits are separated using an induction loop. Therefore, when the transformer is installed in the ratio of 1:1, advantages become available.
- The transformer can increase or decrease the alternating current.
- Assembling the primary and secondary coils as a step-down or step-up transformer will help with balancing the voltage current in the electrical devices.
- A huge amount of voltage current can be handled.
- Appliances and machines are protected against the spikes and harmonics from the main supply of the power.
- Furthermore, there is no connection between the earth and exposed portion of the circuit. With the isolation transformer, there is no danger in touching the life while the body is earthed which means that the transformer prevents the flow of electrical current which cause shocks to the man and the machine.
The Auto Transformers
An auto transformer is a construction where primary and secondary windings are connected to share a common winding. The secondary voltage coil will always have a joint terminal with the primary coil. The step-down and step-up transformer set up of the voltage current can be achieved with a dab from the coil measuring from the joint end.
- The auto transformer is less expensive in comparison to others.
- This type of the transformer is smaller in physical size and is much lighter in weight because it needs fewer turnings and a petite core.
Furthermore, you can check out examples of our work by visiting our gallery.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your design requirements. Our lead engineer details are listed below and they are very happy to discuss your particular project needs with you.