Transformers are static devices. In simple terms, the device transforms electrical energy between circuits, without a direct electrical connection. It is carried out with a mutual induction between two windings to help regulate the voltage. It may be confusing trying to decipher the differences between single-phase transformers v three-phase transformers. However, once you read below, it should be much easier to understand.
Continue reading to discover the differences between single-phase transformers v three-phase transformers.
Single-Phase Transformers v Three-Phase Transformers
- To start, a single-phase transformer will increase or decrease the voltage connected to the primary winding. This device is known as a step-up transformer if it enhances the voltage on its secondary winding with respect to the primary winding. On the other hand, three-phase transformers combine three windings.
- Single-phase transformers are more expensive than the three-phase transformers. This is due to the bulkiness of the single-phase set up. However, three-phase transformers are easy to install which directly decreases the installation charges as well as maintenance cost and will save you money.
- Both transformers are equally opposite when it comes to their weight. In other words, single phase transformers weigh more than three-phase transformers. This makes the installation process of the latter quite easy and handy.
- With the low maintenance and installation cost, three-phase transformers are also easy to repair and transport.
- The most convenient and strong part of the three-phase is they can also be used to provide the single power supply while it is not possible to get three-phase supply from the single phase transformers. This is the winning point for the three-phase transformer.
- While using single phase as three single-phase transformers, failure of one device doesn’t affect the system of three. Though it is not possible in the single three-phase ones. The failing of three-phase completely impacts it’s working.
- Three-phase transformers are easy to maintain and cost less at the time of installment and repairs afterwards. But the standby units of the above-said device are comparatively expensive than the single phase transformer.
Where To Buy?
Now that the differences between single-phase transformers v three-phase transformers are understood, the next step is buying the transformer. For a full value and high performance transformer, look no further than Express Transformers and Controls Ltd. We are a trustworthy transformer manufacturer that offers you quality products with support at the price you can afford. Reap the benefits of quality transformers from us today!
Furthermore, you can check out examples of our work by visiting our gallery.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your design requirements. Our lead engineer details are listed below and they are very happy to discuss your particular project needs with you.